Thursday, December 5, 2013

Plan of Attack

Happy Thursday!

Lucky for most of you, it is almost the weekend.  Sadly, I am just starting my work week and headed into finals week.... BOO HISS. And I convinced myself that signing up for overtime on Saturday was a good idea, so I have that game of Russian Roulette to look forward to (pray for low census, you don't have to know what it is, just do it!).  It is also the SEC Championship weekend, which means the end of colllege football season in Alabama. I KIDD I KIDD, I actually hope Auburn beats Mizzou and we can keep that shit in the state.
Don't worry frat boy, this is how we all felt

So I am on legit day 3 of getting back on track, and I have to say, I feel pretty good.  I fully expected to feel like crap without all my junk that I have been living on lately.  I am really hoping that my excitement and motivation carry me through this first week, I am sure the withdrawals will hit me soon enough.

Like I mentioned yesterday, my plan is pretty simple... eat mostly clean and exercise.  When I originally started down the road to  fit town, I didn't know what I was doing so I used MFP to track my calories and basically ate Progresso Soup and Lean Cuisines.  As far as exercise, I started with a Biggest Loser DVD and Zumba on the Wii.  I then moved on to C25k and fell in love with running.... even if I was am incredibly slow, I was running and felt better than I ever had before.  I loved the me time, and the fresh air to be honest. I also started, but never completed the 30DS, I just got bored... maybe I will find the will to actually get through it, don't get your hopes up though. 

All of these things worked AMAZINGLY for me, and I was seeing PROGRESS in my clothes and the scale.  I eventually cleaned up my eating, and started meal prepping.  Everything went great until it didn't anymore.  

I went to the gates of hell also know as walmart yesterday and restocked my fridge with clean foods and did some meal prepping for the week, so I have no excuse not to grab the healthy choices and go! Meal Planning is KEY for me so I will be making an effort to consistently sit down and plan... don't worry I will share my incredibly boring plans with you too.
Gosh, I love me an effing list!




 I also plan on getting back into running, maybe this morning even. I won't be starting c25k completely over again, because I can still run SOME distance without stopping so there's really no need. Most excitingly, I am going to be starting CROSSFIT in January!!!!!  I did CrossFit once before and I absolutely LOVED it, but sadly I fell off that train and never got back on.  I am super pumped to be starting again.  The lady who runs the box I will be going to seems fantastic, and assured me that it is okay that I am a catastrophe waiting to happen  and will probably fall down, puke, or cry every day.  So I will be spending the next month getting as prepared as possible for my first class, and enjoying actually getting to sit on the toilet.

I guarantee you this will be me
                                           

So that is basically how I plan to shed the Stay Puffed Man that is my body, but more importantly get healthy for all that I have in store for myself in the coming years.  I will be doing weekly weigh in posts on the blog, take an annoying amount of selfies and pictures of every meal I eat, and post some of my favorite workouts a la Pinterest. 

Here's one that I LOVE to HATE.  It is the Carrie Underwood leg routine.  It is a BITCH, but if it will make my legs look like this
                 

then I'll do it!  Why the eff wouldn't you?!?!?

          


Welp, I hope you ladies enjoy your day while I'm sleeping and procrastinating taking my last quiz... meh.

Til next time-
Jenfro

3 comments:

  1. I can't quit laughing at that lady! I may have watched it like 10 times and laughed every. single. time.

    Good job for meal planning and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit. You're REALLY committed which is making me get on track too. Ok, ok... I have been debating starting back with C25K and now you've convinced me... I will start back with it too :)

    Tell me more about Crossfit. I've been thinking about it as one just opened up in my town BUT I am a hot mess waiting to happen... so ridiculously out of shape that I don't think I'm ready to start. Like I would be the laughing stock of the whole Crossfit place and wouldn't be able to do a thing! I can't even run 30 seconds right now, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful doing CrossFit. Landed me back surgery :(

    ReplyDelete